Aspergers is a difference in brain wiring. 99.8% of people have "typical" brain wiring, meaning they can communicate with eachother easily and fluently.
The other 0.2% of the population, the aspies, have subtle differences in their brains that stop them from reading and understanding the normal social cues that the other 99.8% of people use. For an aspie the circuits that deal with social interaction are scrambled. This leads to them being constantly misunderstood and eventually ostracised.
Aspergers is a living hell. It's like living in a bubble, and the cruelest part of all is that sufferers like me usually don't even realise what we're suffering from until long after its already ruined our childhoods.
There are upsides to the condition, the aspie will be highly talented at whatever they consider their "special subject". Sometimes it's something useful like computer programming, other times it's something not so useful like train spotting. If your special subject is something an employer would want, then having aspergers isn't that bad, but if no one wants your skill, you're fucked and will surely die poor and lonely.
The only cure for Aspergers would be for the 99.8% of normal people to learn about our condition and try to treat us more fairly. But this will never happen due to the extreme level of ignorance that goes hand in hand with being normal.
Look, that person has aspergers, let's treat him like shit.
Prices shown in USD.
Tulis alamat email lo dibawah sini untuk bisa mendapatkan Kata Urban Hari Ini, gratis setiap pagi!
Email dikirim dari firstname.lastname@example.org. Kita nggak bakalan nge-spam kamu kok :).